Music Generation Laois now needs to contract the services of a music education professional to assist the Music Generation Laois Co-ordinator with the organisation, promotion and day-to-day running of Music Generation Laois. We are looking for someone who is passionate about music education and has excellent I.T. communication and organisational skills. This opportunity is offered on a contract for services basis.
Education, training, experience etc:
- An appropriate qualification in music, music education or related area from a recognised institution is desirable
- Full Driving License and access to a car is essential
- Excellent I.T. skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Web Page Design/Editing photo manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop and experience of using/updating Social Media such as Twitter and Facebook is essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar role is desirable
- Knowledge of music education sector is essential
This will involve:
- Supporting the planning and development of Music Generation Laois performance music education programme
- Supporting administration, monitoring, reporting, resource management, event management and other aspects of project management of an extensive music education service
- Developing and providing internal and external communications, using relevant communication tools
- Dealing with day-to-day inquiries from tutors, schools, centres, and the general public and assisting with enrolment of students and class scheduling
- Collection and lodgment of student fees
- Assisting with the processing of payments
- Assisting with the operations across all programme strands
- Assisting with performance and other Music Generation Laois events
- Assisting with procurement and management of musical instruments/equipment
- Preparing agendas, writing and circulating minutes for Committee meetings
- Managing website, social media and e-letters
- Preparing press releases, and managing contacts with local press
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of press/communications and publicity material relevant to the work of Music Generation Laois
- Assisting with photography/videoing of rehearsals/concerts for archives and promotional use
- Assisting with any other work of Music Service as identified by Music Generation Laois Co-ordinator
Location: 28 hours per week, based in the Arts Office of Laois County Council. Attendance outside normal office hours will be required and flexibility to meet the needs of Music Generation Laois will be required.
Duration of Contract: Contract to commence on Monday 5th of September 2016 for a 15 week period.
Fee: €7500 payable in 5 instalments, and upon receipt of a valid invoice.
Travel: Travel expenses will be paid in addition to the contract fee, any travel must be approved in advance by the Music Generation Laois Co-ordinator.
Garda Vetting: This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
How to Apply: Complete the Submission form and send by email to Rosa Flannery: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates: Deadline for completed submission forms: 5pm, Monday 29 of August 2016.
Interviews to take place in Portlaoise on Thursday 1 September 2016.
Contract to commence on Monday 5 of September 2016.
Please note that this is a contract for services and not an employment opportunity.